When I designed the light box I’ve posted about recently, I used the design twice to create one light box in moody, shady tones and one in brighter, sharper colours (pictured below in teal, bright green, iridescent and textured glass). Based on my last experiences trying to solder the panels on the last light box together, and having it be a bit of a mess, I’ve decided to pull all the pieces apart, re-foil them and solder them again new. A bit of a pain in the butt, but I’m aiming for better quality results over less total working time with this one anyways.
Here are all my glass pieces pulled apart:
The next step will be to remove the existing (old) copper foil, clean off any residues and foil them over again, the same way I described in this post.
After that, I will need to assemble my panels and put everything together. I designed to top panel when I was working on the grey-green light box, but the design was a little bit different because I only had a few small scraps of remaining glass to work with. I still like the way everything kind of swirls at the top, though:
More posts to come on how this project progresses!